The Woodlands and Houston, TX
The strength and appearance of your smile relies on daily care. The number one thing you can do, right now, to enhance your smile, is commit to a daily routine of brushing after every meal and flossing both morning and night. This will allow you to remove surface stains before they set and to guard your teeth against decay, infection, and disease. No other step will have as profound an impact on the health and beauty of your smile.
Now you know what you can do to protect your smile. What about those things you shouldn’t do?
- Grinding Your Teeth – bruxism destroys the strength and appearance of teeth and can even result in TMJ or premature tooth loss
- Chewing Hard Candy and Ice – protect your teeth from chips and cracks by not chewing hard items
- Drinking Soda – soda, even sugar-free soda strips enamel and causes teeth to become yellow and dingy
- Smoking – smoking is awful for the appearance of your teeth. It is also a risk factor for gum disease and dry mouth, and causes bad breath that cannot be covered through brushing, flossing, gum chewing, or any other method
- Forgetting to Visit the Dentist – The Woodlands dentists at our office would love to help you keep your teeth and gums clean, and your smile beautiful – but we need to see you to make that happen. If it’s been awhile since your last visits, please contact The Woodlands Premier Dentistry online or by calling (281) 367-5559 today to schedule your next appointment.
Tags: General Dentistry