The Woodlands and Houston, TX
How long has it been since you last visited the dentist? Some patients put off bi-annual teeth cleanings every once in awhile, but many more people go several years without ever seeing a dentist for a routine examination or cleaning. Even more worrying, some people do not have good oral hygiene habits at home, leaving their teeth vulnerable to decay, and their gums vulnerable to gum disease.
If you’re like the rest of us, you’ve probably made several resolutions for 2013 already. Here’s one to add to the list: get serious about your oral hygiene this year. It can save you from plenty of expensive, cumbersome dental treatment in the future.
Below are some basic tips to follow for good oral hygiene:
- Brush at least twice a day (ideally after every meal)
- Floss at least once daily
- Use a soft-bristled toothbrush or an electric toothbrush
- Brush thoroughly, but don’t brush too hard
- Invest in a new toothbrush every 3-4 months
- Consider using an ADA-approved mouthwash to further reduce plaque and bacteria in your mouth
- See your Houston general dentist at least twice a year for cleanings
If you’re ready to take charge of your oral hygiene again, we’re here to help. Please contact Woodlands Premier Dentistry today to schedule your initial consultation. We serve patients in Houston, The Woodlands, Spring, Conroe, and Kingwood, Texas.