The Woodlands and Houston, TX
There are a number of reasons to consider tooth colored fillings, both as an initial treatment option and to replace existing metal amalgams.
Here are five of the most compelling:
- Tooth colored fillings are shaded to match the impacted tooth, allowing them to fit seamlessly into your smile
- Tooth colored fillings are bonded to the surface of the tooth and will not come lose or fall out
- Tooth colored fillings do not require a significant amount of tooth enamel be removed for placement
- Tooth colored fillings do not conduct electricity and eliminate risks of pain from the voltaic effect (when foil or metal touches a filling)
- Tooth colored fillings do not contain any toxic or potentially harmful substances
Are metal fillings dangerous?
There is considerable evidence to suggest as much and it has been convincing enough to prompt the ADA to recommend children and pregnant women refrain from having metal fillings placed. To protect the safety of all of our patients, Houston dentist Dr. Scott Young only places tooth colored fillings. If you would like to replace existing metal fillings, he can discuss this with you in greater detail during your next visit to our office.
To schedule your next visit with Dr. Young, please contact Woodlands Premier Dentistry today.
Tags: Tooth Colored Fillings