All-on-Four® is a type of implant supported denture that can produce reliable and lasting results in a single office visit. Utilizing patented techniques and advanced implant dentistry options, the All-on-Four solution is a fast, cost-effective, and incredibly reliable way to restore strength and beauty to smiles impacted by the loss of an entire arch of teeth.
If you are considering this treatment or have questions about implant supported dentures, please contact Woodlands Premier Dentistry online or call (281) 367-5559 to schedule your initial consultation today.
Advantages of All-on-Four Dentures
Traditional dentures are secured with adhesives and can come loose or completely fall out at the most inopportune moments. As such, one of the biggest advantages offered by All-on-Four and other fixed implant supported dentures is that they stay in place and continue to produce reliable results no matter what your day demands.
Additional benefits offered by All-on-Four include:
- Prevention of bone resorption. When you lose a tooth, you also lose its root. When you lose a root, your body will begin to absorb the minerals in the bone that once surrounded it. When this happens, your jaw will begin to change shape and may eventually collapse. All-on-Four dentures prevent this from happening.
- Completely natural looking results. Zirconia prosthetics look and feel like natural tooth enamel, and are less likely to chip and crack than plastic alternatives.
- Immediate placement:unlike approaches that require bone grafts, All-on-4 allows you to get your replacement teeth right away.
- Reduced cost: All-on-4 implant systems cost less than approaches that require more implants, bone grafting, or both.
All-on-Four implants are inserted at an angle to increase implant-to-bone contact and avoid vertical bone augmentation. This allows these implants to be inserted even into narrower jaws and to provide an immediate restoration of both strength and function to smiles marred by missing teeth. During your implant supported dentures consultation with Dr. Brenes these and other benefits can be discussed in greater detail.
Are Four Implants Enough?
Yes! We understand the skepticism: your natural teeth were supported by 14 roots: how can a successful replacement be done with only four dental implants?
The secret to the success of All-on-4 implant dentures is their amazing engineering, which combines insights from biodynamics and physics to create a system that balances the forces of your bite on four implants. All-on-4 systems leverage the strength of their components, including the titanium dental implants and the zirconia dentures–nearly 30 times stronger than natural tooth enamel.
Studies confirm the long-term success of these systems, and that they are as effective as implant dentures secured by six implants.
Are You a Candidate for All-on-4?
One of the benefits of All-on-4 implant dentures is their flexibility. Because of the way they’re designed to put most of the demands on the restorations, rather than on your jaw, most people are candidates for All-on-4. This includes people who may have been turned down because of:
- Resorbed jaws
- Bone loss due to gum disease
Of course, not everyone is a candidate. The only way to be sure whether you’re a candidate for All-on-4 is to schedule an appointment with a dentist who can evaluate your jawbone and oral health status.
If you are looking for the most effective option for replacing your missing teeth, please call (281) 367-5559 or contact The Woodlands implant dentist Dr. Scott Young to schedule a consultation today. Located in The Woodlands, we welcome patients from Houston and all surrounding Texas communities.